Over time, contact lenses have evolved considerably. Decades ago, only hard lenses were available, and they were extremely uncomfortable to wear. Since then, scientists have vastly improved the design of contact lenses to provide wearers with numerous options. Below we’ll discuss the benefits of disposable daily contact lenses in Oshkosh, WI.
- Disposable: When learning about the benefits of disposable daily contact lenses in Oshkosh, WI, it’s important to distinguish these from standard daily contact lenses. Ultimately, you can reuse daily contact lenses for a period of up to three months. However, with daily disposable lenses, you remove them from your eyes at the end of the day and toss them out. By getting rid of your contact lenses every day after wearing them, you reduce the likelihood of infection or disease.
- Improve eye health: As you wear contact lenses, proteins, lipids and calcium deposits build up on the surface. Airborne allergens also stick to contact lenses the longer you wear them. The more you wear a single pair of contact lenses, the greater your chances of experiencing eye irritation or infection. Daily disposable lenses eliminate this issue.
- Cleaner lenses: Contact lenses are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria. The moist, dark environment inside your contact lenses’ case creates the ideal setting for bacteria to grow. Forgetting to wash your hands before touching your lenses or not cleansing your lenses often enough also speeds up the bacteria growth process.
- Wear glasses when you want: You may only need your contact lenses for certain activities, such as sports or other types of physical recreation. If you prefer to wear glasses, your old lenses don’t soak away in bacteria-laden solution between uses. Pop in daily disposable contact lenses as needed and wear your glasses for the rest of the time.
- Convenience: A fresh pair of daily disposable contact lenses is ready to go when you need to wear them. Open a new pack, put them in and you’re good to go. It may be months between when you last wore lenses, but you don’t have to worry because you’ll be putting in brand new ones whenever you feel like wearing them. Trash them at the end of the day, eliminating the need for cases and solutions.
- Monitor eye wellbeing: As a contact lens wearer, you need to visit your optometrist when it’s time to restock your supply. If it’s been more than a year since your last exam, you’ll have to schedule an appointment—but that’s a good thing! Annual eye exams allow your optometrist to look for any signs of disease or infection. This is also when your optometrist adjusts your prescription as needed to provide you with clear vision for the year ahead.
Now that you know the benefits of disposable daily contact lenses in Oshkosh, WI, make an appointment with Dr. Jill’s Optical Shoppe today. We’ll examine your eyes to determine if daily disposable lenses are right for you, and you can then order your lenses through us. Contact us now to book eye exams for yourself and your family.